meat

"Sa Panada" with Lamb and green peas!!!!!

21:25


For the Italian version click here!!!!

Wow two posts in a day!!! I’m really enjoying myself on my days off!!! I’m cooking a lot and my diet seems to be forgotten.... :-( !!!

But in the next few day I’ll have to cook more simple dishes and lighter!!!

This pie is typical from Sardinia island, exactly from the village I’m from!!!

My grandma used to be the queen of “Sa Panada” in my family, but even my mum make a very good one!!! The idea of making this dish again came from watching the italian version of ready steady cook, where one of the teachers/tv presenter cook this dish...not really following the original recipe, and actually making horrible ones. But I assure this one is the real version and delicious!!! I’m sure,as it’s similar to the british pies, that you will love it!!!


INGREDIENTS:

For the Pastry:

200 gr. of plain flour

100 gr. of semolina flour

30 gr. of lard

salted water

For the Filling:

300 gr. of chopped lamb

green peas

chopped parsley, garlic and dried tomatoes

2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil

salt


To make the pastry, crumble the flour and lard until they are completely combined, then add the salted water to make a oft dough. Knead the pastry then leave to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.

In the mean time put the lamb and peas in a bowl with chopped parsley,garlic and dried tomatoes and mix well with some olive oil.

Roll out 1/3 of the pastry not too thick. Cover the pie dish ( I used 2 small ones about 14 cm diameter) with oven paper, line the tin with the pastry.

Add the lamb and the peas and some more olive oil. Roll out some more pastry to a very thin round to cover the dish and cover with the lid. Trim the edges and then roll the edged to make a decoration. It’s quite difficult to explain, but just look this video where it’s shown very well!

Make a few slits in the centre of the pie, baked in a warm oven at 220ºC until golden brown, then cover with kitchen foil, turn the oven down to 150º and bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours if quite big.


With this recipe I'm participating to this contents about colors organized by Stefania Profumi e Sapori!!












You Might Also Like

0 commenti