cumin seeds

Middle eastern style green beans!!!

09:12

For the Italian version click here!!!
And here we are again with an healthy and light recipe ....I never know how to cook green beans, apart from steaming them. Is not one of my favourite vegetables but my husband loves them. One of my colleagues suggested me this recipe...and I simply love them...light, tasty....delicious.... I'll have to make them again soon!

MIDDLE EASTERN STYLE GREEN BEANSINGREDIENTS
  • 300g green beans
  • 2 ripe tomatoes or 1 large 
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • A drizzle of olive oil
  • Salt and pepper
  • Cumin seeds 
  • Chilly flakes
Steam green beans  for 4 minutes. In the meantime dry roast cumin seeds in a pan, then grind to a powder ( I don't have a mortar so I just chopped them finely with a large knife).  Lightly fry some sliced garlic in olive oil, add some finely chopped fresh tomato and cook for 2 minutes. Add the beans and cumin to the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, add some chilly flakes or a bit of Harissa. Serve hot. 



You Might Also Like

1 commenti

  1. She's a clever girl, our colleague Laura. You should try her banana cake!

    ReplyDelete