Asian food

Agedashi Tofu!!!

08:00

Fried tofu

 Recipe in Italian
Hi Everyone!!!! I've got these photos on my files since july and all I've been publishing recently, at least in the Italian blog, is bread recipes or brioche. I know that many of you, or at least many Italians, will stuck up your nose, but spending lot's of time in Japan I got used to eat tofu and I actually love it! I love Asian food, Thai, Korean, Chinese or Japanese..... Tofu has a plain taste but cooked with good ingredients can be really delicious. I love Agedashi Tofu, it's one of my favourite Japanese dishes. Easy and quick to make!

AGEDASHI TOFU (FRIED TOFU)INGREDIENTS
  • 2 blocks of tofu  of 150g each
  • 200ml water
  • 2 tsp dashi stock powder 
  • 2 tbs soy sauce
  • 3 tbs mirin
  • Potato starch to dust the tofu
  • Frying oil
  • Spring onions

Wrap tofu in kitchen paper to drain the excess water. Start to prepare the dash stock by boiling the 200ml of water. Add 2 teaspoons of dashi powder and mix well until dissolved. Add the soy sauce and mirin to the stock. Cut the tofu in two or three pieces and dust each piece with the potato starch. Fry the tofu in hot oil until lightly golden brown. Drain to remove the excess oil ( to remove it from the hot oil I used the slotted spoon from PavonIdea).In a bowl serve one ladle of hot stock, add the fried tofu and sprinkle with some spring onions. Serve hot.  

Fried tofu

You Might Also Like

1 commenti