bread

Rye swirl loaf with oats bran !!!!

09:00


For the Italian version click here!!!
I know I know I've already posted a bread recipe yesterday....but  absolutely loved this bread and I couldn't wait to show it to you!!!! My husband has been in London recently, and tried a wholemeal sandwich bread. He did really enjoyed it...and was a bit annoyed that in Italy you can't find such nice bread.
I've got the house full of flour, but not wholemeal. So I've been searching for a while online for the perfect sandwich bread recipe, couldn't find the perfect one for me as I don't have a sourdough anymore, but yesterday morning I've seen this bread on this blog and couldn't resist.... I had to try it.
I didn't follow her recipe, but really loved the idea of making a bread with two colors.
Is very nice isn't? Here is my recipe, the ingredients are for 2 small loafs.


INGREDIENTS:
white dough
110 gr of manitoba flour
35 gr of rye flour
85 gr of water
1 tsp of barley malt
1 tsp of salt
10 gr of fresh yeast
1 tbsp of olive oil
Dark dough
140 gr of rye flour
70 gr of water
1 tsp of barley malt
1 tsp of salt
10 gr of fresh yeast
1 handful of oats bran


In a bowl mix the ingredients for the white dough, knead until you get a smooth dough.
In the same bowl you can mix the ingredients for the dark one, I would suggest no to use the water all in ones, as it may be too much. Add it little by little or the dough could result too sticky.
Transfer both doughs in a bowl, cover and let it rest for about 1 hour or until double in size.
Flatten each piece into a rectangular shape. Dust the light rectangle with some oats bran and then place the dark one on top of the white one. Dust with some more oats bran and tightly roll up.
Place the bread in an lightly oiled loaf tin and proof for 1 hour and 30 mins.
Bake in a warm oven at 220º for 5 mins, then turn the oven down to 200º for about 20 mins or until golden brown.




You Might Also Like

2 commenti

  1. Hi, I linked you up at Bake with Bizzy.
    Take a look.

    http://bizzybakesb.blogspot.com/2011/08/bake-with-bizzy-12.html

    The photo is stunning. I am impressed. Thanks for having your recipes in English also. I am glad, I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are featuring your bread tomorrow so come over and visit. Bring another of your beautiful recipes.

    ReplyDelete