bread

Baguette with poolish....

17:16

To help me kneading the dough I used my Clatronic KM3323


For the Italian version click here!!!
Hello everyone...hope you are all having a great sunday afternoon!!! I'm quite well...I spent the all morning cooking a very light lunch....I stopped my diet a while ago...but it is time to get back to strict rules!
I've been eating to many cakes recently...and pasta.
I prepared this baguette about 2 weeks ago...but still had no time to post it. Is not a secret anymore that I love baking bread...I've told you so many times....and especially now that I've got my kneading machine I can't resist at all!!!! I've been dreaming to make baguettes for so long...but I always thought it was to difficult to knead by hand. This is one of my favourite bread...every time I'm in Paris I don't leave a supermarket or a boulangerie without  a baguette in my hands. These ones I made are still not perfect but I'm quite happy of the result. I've made a few mistakes...because after a few hours was not crispy anymore...and I put too much salt. So I promise I'll do them again very soon...My next aim is to make perfect baguettes!!!


INGREDIENTS:
Poolish:
100 gr of manitoba flour (molino Chiavazza)
80 gr of water
1 gr of fresh yeast
dough:
250 gr of manitoba flour (Molino Chiavazza)
120 gr of water
1 tsp of barley malt
1 tsp of salt (I used a bit more)
3 gr of fresh yeast


The day before, in the evening, mix the poolish ingredients in a bow and let it rest for at least 12 hours until the surface is creased with lots of bubbles. 
The day after mix the rest of the ingredients, except the 10% of the water with the poolish. Adjust the water as necessary. Knead until the result is a smooth and elastic dough.
Transfer the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film or a towel and let it rest at room temperature for about 1 hour and 30 mins.
Divide the dough in 2 or 3 equal parts and form a round shape. let them rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
To form the baguettes flatten with your hands each ball, be careful not to loose all fermentations gases.
Form a rectangular and the roll it form a cylinder. 
Place the baguettes in a well floured cotton cloth, proof for about 1 hour.
In the meantime preheat the oven at 220º with a small pan with some water inside. you need steam in the first 10 mins of baking.
Score the baguettes just before baking them.... Bake them at 220º for 10 mins, then remove the water, turn down the oven to 180º and bake for another 10 mins without steam, or until they are golden brown.
Switch off the oven and live the bread inside with the door ajar for 10 mins.




You Might Also Like

0 commenti