carnival

Sardinian fried doughnuts!!!

20:50


Hello everyone!!! Last Sunday was my birthday and I think I'm really lucky to  celebrate it on Carnival season in Italy. I rather have some fritters or doughnuts instead of the usual birthday cake. I love this ones, typical from Sardinia island....this is my mum's recipe but I converted it to use my sourdough starter instead of the active yeast. I've never made them so tasty, puffy and soft....there are really no words to describe them....just amazing! In Sardinia they are called " Parafrittusu" or Fatti Fritti...you got to try them.

SARDINIAN FRIED DOUGHNUTSINGREDIENTS
  • 200g stoneground flour 
  • 250g very strong flour
  • 200g semi skimmed milk
  • 100g liquid levain starter (100% hydration)
  • 50g natural brown sugar
  • 50g lard
  • 2 eggs
  • 3g salt
  • Seeds of a vanilla pod or vanilla essence
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • Zest and juice of 1/2 orange
  • 1/2 liquor glass of limoncello
  • Frying oil
  • Caster sugar to dust 

In the mixer bowl, using the flat beater, dissolve the levain starter with the milk. Add some flour, just enough to form a soft dough until it comes off the sides of the bowl.Mix on low speed, add 1 egg and  and immediately after 1/3 of the sugar and flour.  When all the ingredients are incorporated add 1/3 of sugar, more flour and knead . Finally add the orange juice, limoncello, the citrus zest, vanilla essence, salt and the remaining sugar and flour.  Knead well all the ingredients until well combined on a medium-low speed until you have a smooth dough and it comes off the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add the lard at room temperature in pieces, a bit at the time. Make sure the first dose is well combined before adding more lard. Knead on medium speed until the dough is smooth, shiny and elastic and you reach windowpane stage. Transfer dough into a bowl, cover with cling film and allow to rise until tripled in size. Divide the dough into equal pieces (about 20), shape each piece into a doughnut, place them into a well floured surface, cover and allow to rise for 1h and 30 mins until doubled in size. Meanwhile heat te oil until it reaches the temperature of 170ºC and  fry doughnuts in a large and tall saucepan 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and allow to sit on kitchen paper to drain off the excess of oil. Dust and cover the doughnuts with caster sugar and enjoy! 

You Might Also Like

5 commenti

  1. i like your content, its very helpful for me,
    thanks for sharing
    please visit my blog
    https://www.azorganicoils.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Alecia used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes...i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Dr Mandaker); he just got he just got his website (holyaraminta.com), has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps
    for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn't mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I'm sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him as witchhealing@outlook.com He travel sometimes.i cant give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world..he said his email is okay and he’ will replied to any emails asap,love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,HIV AIDS,Barrenness(need a child),goodLuck voodoo,it's all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
    more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relax and Rejuvenate your mind with our Backflow Waterfall effect Incense burner . Perfect to use at your home or personal space.

    Primary Scents

    ReplyDelete
  4. lniapothecary is larget skin barnd in usa and all over the world.
    We have all natural and oragnic products.

    ReplyDelete