Pasta

Culurgiones !!!( typical Sardinian ravioli with a potato filling)

10:21


For the Italian version click here!!!

Hello everyone!!!!! Today here I’m again with the first recipe of the month....wow we are already in june.. the time is passing by so quickly, and finally summer has already started!!!

Today’s recipe is yet another traditional one from my lovely region in Italy..Sardinia!!!!

They are ravioli with a potato,pecorino cheese and mint filling and they are strictly hand made! My mum used to make them but I never learnt how to close them, I always thought they were to difficult to make. But just a few days ago I watched a video on internet and I tried them for the first time! I’m so happy with the result, my mum saw the pictures on facebook and yesterday she phoned me because se was so happy and she told me even hers,after years of experience,are not so perfect...she said they are absolutely beautiful!!!

Ok I think she really exaggerated, they are nice yes but I don’t think that perfect yet (they will be!!!), but I really appreciate my mums opinion, she would have never said that to me if she didn’t really believe it.

With this recipe I’m also participating to a contest on regional fresh pasta organized by the Chiavazza brothers. To make these ravioli I used their flour, I got recently some of their products to try and I have to say is one of the best flour I ever used!



INGREDIENTS for 30 ravioli:

For the dough:

50 gr. of semolina flour

150 gr. plain flour

1tsp of salt

water as you need (I used about 100gr.)

For the filling:

2 medium potatoes

200 gr of grates pecorino cheese

fresh mint

2 garlic cloves

2 tbs extra virgin olive oil


For the pasta dough simply mix the salt into the water and add it to the flour. Knead well until you have a soft and smooth dough. Cover with a towel or cling film and let it rest for at least 30 mins.


Boil the potatoes in salty water, peel and mash them. In a small pan heat the olive oil with the garlic cloves and let it cool down.

Add to the mashed potatoes the grated pecorino cheese, chopped mint (to taste) and the olive oil. Mix well all the ingredients with your hands, add salt if needed. Leave the filling to rest for about an hour.


Roll the dough flat and cut disks about 7 cm in diameter. Put the filling in the centre and fold it closing the disk edge pinching with the fingers. Is not really easy to explain but I hope my video, at the bottom of the page, will help you to understand better.


Boil them in salty water for a few minutes until tender.

Traditionally in Sardinia we enjoyed them with a fresh tomato and basil sauce and grated pecorino cheese.








You Might Also Like

3 commenti

  1. Very beautiful this culurgiones!!!

    Bye
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the addition of mint. I use mint in my cooking a lot. Wonderful recipe!! :)

    ReplyDelete