Pizza and focaccia

And yet another pizza with buffalo mozzarella and guanciale!!!

09:00


Pizza pizza....oh I cant’t live without it.....I love it to much!!!! I could easily eat it every day...then I’ll be the size of a ballon but at least i’ll be happy!!!! I posted already this great recipe from Maestro Adriano, but I cooked this one in a different way this time. I follow the suggestions of one of my italian colleagues (Gianni)...and the result was really good!!!

I just cooked the pizza base in a non-stick pan for a few minutes, then just put the tomato sauce and mozzarella and straight in a hot oven, grill mode for a few minutes until the mozzarella is all melted.

The result it’s very good... a bit dry the base but almost perfect!!! The first time I cooked the pizza in this way, but with a different recipe, I made a mistake...I didn’t understand I had to cook only the pizza base at first so I actually put the pizza on the pan with the tomato sauce and still was quite good....actually maybe better because the base was not dry at all....


INGREDIENTS:

270 gr. plain flour(type 0 or bread flour)

80 gr. of durum wheat

500 gr. of manitoba flour( i used to buy the canadian flour in Waitrose)

3 gr. of fresh yeast( you can use also the dry one)

1 spoon of barley malt

25 gr. of salt

30 gr. of olive oil

500 gr. of water



The evening before mix the canadian flour(500g) with the water,the yeast and the barley malt.This is called “poolish”... t’s quite liquid dough. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave it to rest over night.

In the morning add the rest of the ingredients, salt oil and the rest of the flour slowly because at the beginning it will be difficult to incorporate it, knead well. The result is a quite elastic, soft and smooth dough. Let it rest for 30 mins and then divide into small balls, put each one in a plastic container in the fridge for the all day. Take them out 2 hours before cooking the pizza.



You Might Also Like

0 commenti