Pasta

Linguine with asparagus cream and bottarga!!!!

03:48


For the Italian version click here!!!!

Here I am with the translation of this recipe ....I was really excited to post this recipe in my italian blog....but I didn't prepare this version!!!! I know I'm not really good on planning things to do...
Are you wondering what is bottarga? Is the Sardinian caviar!!! Bottarga is the egg sack of the grey mullet fish. The roe is prepared by salting, pressing and drying for up to 6 months in cool well aired rooms. There are two types, Bottarga di Tonno (Tuna) and the more prized Bottarga di Muggine (Grey Mullet).
Recently I started a new collaboration/sponsorship with Stefano Rocca and I used the great bottarga di muggine that he sent me (see pictures).




INGREDIENTS for 2:

130 gr. of linguine

250 gr. of asparagus

250 ml double cream

2 garlic cloves
4 tsp of grated bottarga

a few thin slices of a whole bottarga

salt




To prepare the asparagus, cut off and discard the woody ends, then neatly cut the tips away from the stalks. Keep the tips and stalks separate. In a small saucepan heat up the cream and garlic, you don’t need to bring to the boil. Take off the heat, remove the garlic, then set the pan aside. Cook the asparagus stalks in boiling salted water about 4/5 mins until tender, drain them place them into the cream. Blend with a food processor or hand blender until smooth. Add the 4 tsp of grates bottarga and mix well with a spoon.
Cook the pasta and 2 minutes before the end of cooking time throw in the asparagus tips. Drain the pasta and place it in a pan with the cream, toss in a low heat.
Dish up the pasta and decorate with more grated and sliced bottarga!!!










Bottarga

You Might Also Like

1 commenti

  1. Fantastic!Now I know how to use bottarga in cooking.I found you from the foodie blog roll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this Bottarga widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about bottarga,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete