Vegetables

Broccoli and gorgonzola soup!!!!

09:44

Plate and bowl from Churchill chinaware 
For the Italian version click here!!!
Good morning to all of you my dear friends.....I'm sure the majority of you is still sleeping....I don't usually wake up very early....I'm simply in Japan. Mmm actually I started to write this post a few hours ago so I guess most of you are awake now....
Today I want to give you the recipe of a classic dish at home...thats actually the first time I made it...usually I just enjoy when my husband prepares it.
Last week He bought lots of broccoli and steamed them....since I didn't really want to eat broccoli for a week I decided to make this delicious soup. Is a classic soup we had lots of times in England, Broccoli and Stilton soup...but since in Italy Stilton is impossible to find in Italy we now use a strong gorgonzola cheese. I have to say it still tastes delicious!!!


INGREDIENTS:
2 head broccoli
100/150 gr. gorgonzola
1 small onion
water
extra virgin olive oil
100 ml double cream
salt


In a large pan soute' the onion and broccoli with some olive oil for a few minutes. Pour over the water, until the broccoli are covered. Bring to the boil and cook for a few minutes until broccoli are tender.
Transfer everything in a food processor, add the gorgonzola cheese (or stilton) and blend until smooth. 
Transfer the soup into a pan, add the cream (or 2 tbs of flour) and bring gently to a simmer. Reduce it if too thick.
Serve hot with croutons or some focaccia bread!

You Might Also Like

0 commenti