Pasta

Pasta with courgettes, mussels and pecorino cheese!

05:33

Plate from Churchill chinaware
For the Italian version click here!!!
One of my favourite combinations, especially on pasta dishes, is sea food with cheese. When I was a kid I've been told that cheese doesn't go well with fish but I never understood why. When I moved back to Italy I realized that actually is a perfect combination...and I love the taste of cheese with seafood...like mussels, clams and prawns. 
Try this recipe and you will agree with me!

PASTA WITH COURGETTES, MUSSELS AND PECORINO CHEESE
INGREDIENTS:
  • 160g fresh pasta
  • 200g unshelled mussels 
  • 2 courgettes
  • 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
  • Parsley chopped finely
  • Extra virgin olive oil 
  • Chilly pepper
  • Grated mature pecorino cheese

Wash well the courgettes and dice them. Fry courgettes in a bit of olive oil with garlic and parsley for a few minutes. Add some water and continue cooking until tender. Allow mussels to open in a large pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Keep a bit of the cooking water aside to toss the pasta later. Cook pasta in salted boiling water, drain when al dente. Toss pasta with the courgettes, mussels, pecorino cheese and the mussels and pasta cooking water.  Sprinkle with more grated pecorino cheese and serve immediately. 


You Might Also Like

1 commenti

  1. What a lovely pasta dish. My family loves mussels, so I know they would love this dish. It sounds delicious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete