bread

My favourite breakfast!!!!! rusk bread and apricot jam!!!

01:18


For the Italian version click here!!!

Here I’m again...recently I find quite difficult to update both my blogs...I’m never home, and when I’ve got spare time I just try to cook something nice. I’m also working on a project...Hopefully I’ll be able to tell you all about soon!
Since I’ve started my diet that’s my favourite breakfast, in italian we call them “fette biscottate” kind of a sweet biscuit bread, or twice baked bread....I’ll love them with jam or even nutella.
Last week I received some extraordinary Jam from “Casa Barone”, they sell organic products from the Vesuvio national park in Italy.
This apricot jam is just perfect with my home made rusk bread!!! A perfect light breakfast!!!


INGREDIENTS:


250 gr. of flour
35 gr. of sugar
5 gr. of salt
10 gr. fresh yeast
1 egg white
2 tbs of oil
1 tsp of barley malt
for brushing:
1 egg yolk
3 tbs of milk


Dissolve the yeast in the water with the barley malt. Mix all the ingredients adding the salt at the last minute.
Knead for about 20 mins until you get a smooth and elastic dough. Cover with cling film and let it rest for 30 mins. Divide the dough in two pieces if you want small slices. Flatten the dough and roll it quite tight. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
Place the dough in a plum-cake tin, brush the top with the egg yolk and milk mixture and let it rise for 1 hour at a room temperature of 28ºC. Brush the top again with the milk and egg yolk mixture and bake it in a warm oven at 180º for 30 minutes.
Let it cool down, cover with a cloth and let it rest for at least 18/24 hours in a cool place.
Slice the bread, and bake the slices( about 8 mm thick) in a warm oven at about 150º for 50 minutes, until golden brown and until they are completely dry.
Let them cool down and then stow in plastic bags or in a tin.











You Might Also Like

0 commenti