Desserts and cakes

A sweet brioche for you breakfast!!!!

10:33

For the Italian version click here!!!
Good morning everyone!!!! Here I am back with a fantastic recipe for a sweet breakfast! You all know that I love baking, kneading relaxes me, and what a joy to see your masterpiece rising and rising.....
The other day I really wanted something delicious, not too sweet for my breakfast and I came up with this recipe! You got to try it...it's worth it believe me!!! And it's quite light as I used some honey to reduce the amount of sugar, I used skimmed milk and only 50g of butter.

SWEET BRIOCHEINGREDIENTS
  • 240g strong flour  (I used Manitoba flour)
  • 10g rice flour
  • 7g fresh yeast
  • 1 small egg
  • 50g of butter
  • 60-80g skimmed milk
  • 2 tbs honey
  • 2 tbs sugar
  • Grated lemon zest
  • Vanilla essence
  • 1 small egg ( to brush)

  • A drop of milk (to brush)
  • Sugar grains

First of all slightly heat up the milk and dissolve the yeast in it.  In the kneading machine bowl place the flours, sugar, honey, lemon zest, vanilla essence and the milk with the yeast and mix with the flat beater. When all combined add the egg. Knead well. Change the flat beater with the dough hook and knead adding the soft butter in cubes in three times. Make sugar is all absorbed before adding the next dose. Knead first at slow speed for about 5 minutes, then increase to medium-high and knead until the dough is soft, smooth and semy-glossy.To see if the dough is ready make a windowpaning test by stretching a piece of dough as thin as possible, until is almost translucent . Cover the dough and let rise until doubled in size. Divide the dough into 6 or 7 balls, roll out into a thin string each of them and form the brioches as you like. Beat one small egg with a drop of milk and brush the top of each bun. Sprinkle with sugar grains and bake in a hot oven at 180-200ºC for about 15/20 minutes or until golden brown.Note: I used the rice flour because I freeze them. When I defrost them and heat them up in the oven they are soft and hydrated as if they have just been baked. 






You Might Also Like

0 commenti